About "skip-runtime-version-check" related warnings

Hi all,

As Kotlin just provides the web console to try code online, I’m trying to create a swing console for Kotlin(i.e. Kotlin Console), it is similar to Groovy Console, which can help developers try code easily.

Here is the project repo: GitHub - daniellansun/kotlin-console: Create a console to try Kotlin

When the following code is executed(1.launch Kotlin Console via gradlew kotlinConsole; 2.Input 1+1 in the editor; 3.Click the “Run” button):

val engine = ScriptEngineManager().getEngineByExtension("kts")!!
val result = engine.eval(syntaxTextArea.text)

I get the warning as follows:

Warning:Kotlin: Some JAR files in the classpath have the Kotlin Runtime library bundled into them. This may cause difficult to debug problems if there’s a different version of the Kotlin Runtime library in the classpath. Consider removing these libraries from the classpath or use ‘-Xskip-runtime-version-check’ to suppress this warning

Could you tell me how to remove these warning or suppress the warning from Java(where can I set -Xskip-runtime-version-check)?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun

Hi Daniel!

Starting from 1.1.60 there shouldn’t be the warning anymore. The EAP should be available quite soon.

That’s great! Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun