Custom interface delegate?

Is it possible to define your own delegate for interface delegation?

I know I could just do:

interface Foo {
    val aaa: String
    val bbb: Int
    val ccc: Date
}

class Bar() : Foo {
    val aaa: String by myDelegate()
    val bbb: Int by myDelegate()
    val ccc: Date by myDelegate()
}

but that would get tedious pretty soon if you had to do this with many classes with many properties. Wouldn’t it be much nicer to be able to do?:

class Bar(myDelegate) : Foo by myDelegate()

Edit: re-reading I realize it might not be obvious why I want this. Basically I want the by Map functionality on entire interfaces, so I´d want something like this:

class Bar(map: Map<String, Any>) : Foo {
    val aaa: String by map
    val bbb: Int by map
    val ccc: Date by map
}

to be turned into:

class Bar(map: Map<String, Any>) : Foo by map

but that doesn’t work, but I could implement it if I could implement a custom delegate for interfaces.

The problem I see that the syntax you describe is already used for interface delegation.
Maybe it can be extended so that Map can “represent” any interface/open class or at least all properties defined in them.

Indeed, but perhaps the compiler can be smart about it and say “the type of the delegate isn’t correct but it has a getValue() method so I’ll use that instead”?

But yeah, if they’d extend the current interface delegation to accept Maps then that’d fix my current problem too :wink:

I just like to be able to implement everything myself instead of relying on too much compiler magic if at all possible.