Error:Kotlin: [Internal Error] org.jetbrains.kotlin.util.KotlinFrontEndException: Front-end Internal error: Failed to analyze declaration AuthenticationFailed

I just raised a bug KT-25359 but would like to know if anyone has a workaround for it.

I just upgraded from Kotlin 1.2.31 to 1.2.51 and kotlin serialisation 0.4.2 to 0.5.1. I upgraded because I was prompted to do so when upgrading to the latest kotlin IDEA plugin. My project compiled cleanly before but now I get the above error when I try and build (or rebuild) the project in IDEA. Note that the project compiles without problem when compiling from the command line using maven.

More details are in the bug report.

I’ve found the cause of this error - an outdated kotlin-serialization IDEA plugin. Updating to the latest version fixed this error.

Hi @rundmcollie I need help in similar issue I am using kotlin plugin: 1.3.31-release-Studio3.4-1
and trying to run ui tests, the tests are running fine on local emulator and real device. But when I tries to run them on circle ci I am getting the similar error
Task :app:kaptGenerateStubsFossDebugKotlin FAILED e: org.jetbrains.kotlin.util.KotlinFrontEndException: Exception while analyzing expression at (43,44) in /home/circleci/project/app/src/main/java/chat/rocket/android/authentication/registerusername/presentation/RegisterUsernamePresenter.kt Though I have not changed anything in the above presenter

More details can be find here