Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: rational.namespace

So I've contined to work on my Rational number class, but now I'm encountering a problem - I can't seem to run the main function in the Rational.kt class.  The currenct source is available here:

https://github.com/sanity/kotlin-rational

When I try to run it I get the following error:

/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java -Didea.launcher.port=7534 “-Didea.launcher.bin.path=/Users/ian/Applications/IntelliJ IDEA 12 EAP.app/bin” -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -classpath “/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/ant-javafx.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/dt.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/javafx-doclet.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/javafx-mx.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/jconsole.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/sa-jdi.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/tools.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/charsets.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/jce.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/jfr.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/jfxrt.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/JObjC.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/jsse.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/management-agent.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/resources.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/rt.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/ext/dnsns.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/ext/localedata.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/ext/sunec.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/ext/sunjce_provider.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/ext/sunpkcs11.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.7.0.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/ext/zipfs.jar:/Users/ian/workspace/RationalNumber/target/classes:/Users/ian/.m2/repository/com/google/guava/guava/r09/guava-r09.jar:/Users/ian/.m2/repository/org/jetbrains/kotlin/kotlin-stdlib/0.1.3395/kotlin-stdlib-0.1.3395.jar:/Users/ian/.m2/repository/org/jetbrains/kotlin/kotlin-runtime/0.1.3395/kotlin-runtime-0.1.3395.jar:/Users/ian/Applications/IntelliJ IDEA 12 EAP.app/lib/idea_rt.jar” com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain rational.namespace
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: rational.namespace
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:423)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:186)
at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:113)

Compilation appears successful:

10:05:14 AM Compilation completed successfully in 1 sec 10:05:40 AM All files are up-to-date

However, when I look in RationalNumber/target/classes the directory is empty, where are the compiled files going?

I’ve tried moving the Rational file around into another package, nothing seems to persuade it to run.  It does appear to be building fine though.  Any ideas?

What version of IntelliJ IDEA are you running?

Go to Settings/Compiler and uncheck the "Use external build" checkbox.

Forget my previous message here. I updated Leda and the kotlin plugin and then unchecked what Andrey mentioned and now it works.:)

That seems to have solved the problem.  FYI I'm using build IU-122.694.