"Gradle project sync failed" & "Kotlin not configured"

Hi,

I’m totally new to Kotlin and trying to do the setup in Android studio. So far I have done these steps:

1. Creating a project
  2. Converting Java code to Kotlin
  3. Configuring Kotlin in the project
    I follow this guide: https://kotlinlang.org/docs/tutorials/kotlin-android.html

It works well until step 3 when I get two errors, “Gradle project sync failed” and “Kotlin not configured” (See the picture below). Any ideas what is wrong?

I’m running version 1.0.7.

This may be an issue in Kotlin configuration wizard that is fixed in newer plugin versions.

To fix the problem use org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-stdlib:1.0.7 as a dependency instead of org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-stdlib-jre7:1.0.7

Thanks for your reply @ilya.gorbunov ! I tried it but it still don’t want to work.

I get the error:
“Error:Could not find kotlin-stdlib-1.0.7.jar (org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-stdlib:1.0.7).
Searched in the following locations:
https://jcenter.bintray.com/org/jetbrains/kotlin/kotlin-stdlib/1.0.7/kotlin-stdlib-1.0.7-1.0.7.jar

:1.0.7 in the end is the version of the library, so there’s no need to append it twice, first as a literal and then as the kotlinVersion variable substitution. Your compile dependency should look like:

compile "org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-stdlib:$kotlin_version"

I suppose $kotlin_version evaluates to 1.0.7 and finally you get org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-stdlib:1.0.7

It solved the problem! Thanks for your help!

/Mattias

I had this in my build.gradle:
compile "org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-stdlib:$kotlin_version"

but I started getting the same error as OP. This started after I quit AS while it was doing something…I might have force quit. Anyway when I click ‘Configure Kotlin’, it adds
compile "org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-stdlib-jre7:$kotlin_version"
to the end of the deps.

Is there something I should try to do? Clear cache or delete build files?

This works for me too.
Thank you.