How to Use TornadoFX?

I’m still a beginner, and I’ve been trying to learn how to actually use TornadoFX. I can understand (slightly) how to use it, but I’m having trouble with setting it up. I use Intellij IDEA, I have the plugin. I have no clue what to do or how to make my copy+pasted code run. My main issue is that import tornadofx.* is apparently an unresolved reference.

You mast add it as a dependency in the build system you are using (if you do not know which build system you are using and how to use it, you’d better study it first, because in Java ecosystem it is important).
TornadoFX team has made a lot of samples here. They are using maven which is bit outdated, but still it should work.

And by the way, it is not kotlin specific question, so you probably should not ask it here.

Thank you for helping me. I have some issues though… (please excuse my extreme ignorance)

1. How do I figure out what build system I’m using?
  2. I’ve figured out how to add a dependency to my project, I just can’t figure out which type of dependency I should select.
Screenshot if needed, I honestly don't know.

Probably it is IDEA internal build system. You should start with some beginners guide. Probably it is a good idea to work with gradle right from the start. There are a lot of tutorials for that (for example there is IDEA documentation). And of course there are instructions in tornadofx documentation.

Turns out I was using the wrong file. I downloaded the correct file and added it as a .jar. Thanks for helping anyway!