I am using Android Studio 2.2.3 on Windows and trying to create a simple module with an executable jar with Kotlin code. I have the Kotlin plugin installed and I do these steps:
- Say New Module and select a Jar library and give it a name
- Add a main method to the empty Java class generated with a print statement
- Right click on the Java file and say to Run the main method
- Verify that works
- Delete the build directory
- Convert the class to Kotlin
- Configure Kotlin for the module
- Try running the previous run configuration and it fails with Class Not Found because it didn’t build anything and said everything was up to date
I also tried with a Kotlin run configuration:
- Right click on the Kotlin class and say run main and it still does not build
I cannot seem to get the Make from the run configuration to actually build the Kotlin files. If I have a mixture of Java and Kotlin files only the Java files get built.
I have tried it both with 1.0.6 and 1.1 Beta. With same results.