Migrating from 1.3.0-rc-80 to 1.3.0-rc-146: ClassNotFoundException: kotlin.jvm.internal.Intrinsics

When I try to migrate from migrate from 1.3.0-rc-80 to 1.3.0-rc-146, I get the following exception during the Gradle build of a platform-common project:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: kotlin/jvm/internal/Intrinsics
        at org.jetbrains.kotlin.cli.metadata.K2MetadataCompiler$Companion.main(K2MetadataCompiler.kt)
        at org.jetbrains.kotlin.cli.metadata.K2MetadataCompiler.main(K2MetadataCompiler.kt)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: kotlin.jvm.internal.Intrinsics
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:349)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
        ... 2 more

Have you seen anything similar?

Does this also happen with a clean build / empty Gradle caches? Can you please file a YouTrack issue at http://kotl.in/issue with a project in which the issue is reproducible? Thank you.

Does this also happen with a clean build / empty Gradle caches?

Yes :frowning:

I try to create a test case but unfortunatelly my project setup is quite complex so it won’t be easy :expressionless:

I found the cause of the error in the Gradle configuration: enableFeaturePreview('IMPROVED_POM_SUPPORT')
Switching back to io.spring.dependency-management solved the problem :slight_smile:

1 Like