I am very interested in multi-platform modules, but have not been able to find a lot of documentation. So I made a test project showing how you can build a multi-platform module, and what implementation options there are for classes that need both common and multi-platform code: https://github.com/jstuyts/kotlin-multiplatform-recipes
- I used the stable Kotlin and plug-in version.
- I cannot get extension functions for header types (only an interface is tested) to work in Java.
- IntelliJ IDEA is very broken:
- Lots of error messages.
- Cannot run the Java app from the IDE.
- Multi-platform module syntax is still subject to change, so don't invest too much time in them yet.
Hopefully this will help some people with implementing multi-platform modules.