Multiplatform (browser) demo project - compiled js not found in static

I’ve just started my from-the-sketch project in IDEA. I picked the Kotlin > JS Client and JVM Server | Gradle wizard and created my project skeleton.
It generates a “Hello world” client/server app files into the project so I tried it out by:

gradlew.bat -t run

It build and starts. It tells:

2019-10-11 10:11:17.956 [main] INFO  ktor.application - Responding at http://127.0.0.1:8080

I opened the link and the page displays, but the async call fails, keeping the following page:

Hello from JVM from Ktor. Check me value: 42
Loading...

When I check the console, I found the following error messages:

The script from “http://127.0.0.1:8080/static/piggy-bank.js” was loaded even though its MIME type (“”) is not a valid JavaScript MIME type.
Loading failed for the <script> with source “http://127.0.0.1:8080/static/piggy-bank.js”. [127.0.0.1:8080:8:1](http://127.0.0.1:8080/)

I dug up the build directory, and found that the requested file (piggy-bank.js) is built and there in

build\js\packages\piggy-bank\kotlin\piggy-bank.js

What should I configure to “link” the src/jsMain files to the webserver static?

Some more info:

I converted the build script to Kotlin DSL, and added the suggestions of this post:

import org.jetbrains.kotlin.gradle.targets.js.webpack.KotlinWebpack

buildscript {
    repositories {
        jcenter()
    }
}

plugins {
    id("org.jetbrains.kotlin.multiplatform") version "1.3.50"
}

repositories {
    jcenter()
    maven(  "https://dl.bintray.com/kotlin/ktor" )
    mavenCentral()
}

val ktor_version = "1.1.3"
val logback_version = "1.2.3"

kotlin {
    js {
        browser {  }
    }
    jvm {
        compilations.named("main") {
            tasks.getByName<Copy>(processResourcesTaskName) {
                dependsOn("jsBrowserWebpack")
                 tasks.named<KotlinWebpack>("jsBrowserWebpack") {
                     from(entry.name, destinationDirectory)
                 }
            }
        }
    }

    sourceSets {
        commonMain {
                        dependencies {
                implementation(kotlin("stdlib-common"))
            }
        }
        commonTest {
            dependencies {
                implementation(kotlin("test-common"))
                implementation(kotlin("test-annotations-common"))
            }
        }

        named("jvmMain") {
            dependencies {
                implementation( kotlin("stdlib-jdk8"))
                implementation( "io.ktor:ktor-server-netty:$ktor_version")
                implementation( "io.ktor:ktor-html-builder:$ktor_version")
                implementation( "ch.qos.logback:logback-classic:$logback_version")
            }
        }

        named("jvmTest") {
            dependencies {
                implementation(kotlin("test"))
                implementation(kotlin("test-testng"))
            }
        }

        named("jsMain") {
            dependencies {
                implementation( kotlin("stdlib-js"))
            }
        }
        named("jsTest") {
            dependencies {
                implementation( kotlin("test-js"))
            }
        }


    }
}


tasks.register<JavaExec>("run") {
    dependsOn("jvmJar")
    group = "application"
    main = "sample.SampleJvmKt"
    val t = tasks.named<Jar>("jvmJar")

    classpath(configurations.named("jvmRuntimeClasspath"), t.get() )
}

With this, the webpack js is copied into the jar, but with the name: piggy-bank-unspecified.js (I guess the unspecified stands in place of the version number.)
But even with this changes, I was not able to tell the Netty server to find the JS files.