Overload resolution ambiguity all these functions match

After updating all the classes extending Collection has such compile errors on all the functions.

overload resolution ambiguity all these functions match
public open fun indexOf(@Nullable element: Story): Int defined in java.util.ArrayList
public open fun indexOf(@Nullable element: Story!): Int defined in java.util.ArrayList

1 Like

Seeing this too with things like index operators on HashMap.

What did you update and what exactly is the error message? Can you show us some failing code? I have no idea what your problem is and I don’t think anyone else here does either, because normally there would be an answer by now.

I’m guessing you have your own class implementing the Collection interface and then something broke after some update, but that’s not really helping me to understand the problem.

Sorry for not being precise, as at that time I didn’t know which update caused the errors. After updating android sdk 29 from revision1 to revision 2, all the collection functions got compile errors “overload resolution ambiguity all these functions match”

that is an issue with revision 2, that update has been removed already. Please downgrade to rev. 1.