The -script option is still not working on M4

Little disappointed that this issue is not resolve for M4

http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/KT-3045

It a useful great tool to let beginner to play with Kotlin. Not sure why priority is not in it. Shipping a broken “-script” option is not a good thing to let people to see, especially if they first time playing with it. If not ready, I would even recommend not to show it in help page.

Zemian

The -script option doesn't seem to be broken. This works fine for me:

``

bin/kotlinc-jvm -script foo.ktscript

The exception in the report is a bad diagnostics on broke command line syntax, no more than that.

HI Andrey,

I tried with M4 and it’s still now working for me. Is there something I am doing wrong?

bash> bin/kotlinc-jvm -script Test.kt EXCEPTION: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to evaluate script: java.lang.NullPointerException   at org.jetbrains.jet.cli.jvm.compiler.KotlinToJVMBytecodeCompiler.compileScript(KotlinToJVMBytecodeCompiler.java :265)   at org.jetbrains.jet.cli.jvm.compiler.KotlinToJVMBytecodeCompiler.compileAndExecuteScript(KotlinToJVMBytecodeCom piler.java:229)   at org.jetbrains.jet.cli.jvm.K2JVMCompiler.doExecute(K2JVMCompiler.java:139)   at org.jetbrains.jet.cli.jvm.K2JVMCompiler.doExecute(K2JVMCompiler.java:54)   at org.jetbrains.jet.cli.common.CLICompiler.exec(CLICompiler.java:117)   at org.jetbrains.jet.cli.jvm.K2JVMCompiler.exec(K2JVMCompiler.java:181)   at org.jetbrains.jet.cli.jvm.K2JVMCompiler.exec(K2JVMCompiler.java:54)   at org.jetbrains.jet.cli.common.CLICompiler.exec(CLICompiler.java:47)   at org.jetbrains.jet.cli.common.CLICompiler.doMainNoExit(CLICompiler.java:160)   at org.jetbrains.jet.cli.common.CLICompiler.doMain(CLICompiler.java:151)   at org.jetbrains.jet.cli.jvm.K2JVMCompiler.main(K2JVMCompiler.java:58) Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException   at org.jetbrains.jet.lang.resolve.ScriptNameUtil.classNameForScript(ScriptNameUtil.java:40)   at org.jetbrains.jet.cli.jvm.compiler.KotlinToJVMBytecodeCompiler.compileScript(KotlinToJVMBytecodeCompiler.java :262)   ... 10 more

exec() finished with INTERNAL_ERROR return code

bash> bin/kotlinc-jvm -version
INFO: Kotlin Compiler version 0.4.297

Changing the file extension to .ktscript should help

Ah ha! Now that's a tricky requirement. Perhaps it should be a hint on the -help page? I would never guess that out.

Thanks Andrey. I will try out more on this -script feature now that I get it to work. :slight_smile: