Dear Kotlin developers, community,
I’m about to use Kotlin to offer possibility to write plugins/scripts for a system. I’m working on a simple home automation system (for my own home).
The requirements are:
- easy to understand language ( Kotlin fulfils this pretty well )
- dynamic detection and compilation of new classes (im not sure, probably i need to implement this part)
My base idea is reduce the problem to
- having sensors/switches/etc as simple data classes implemented in Kotlin
- data classes persisted
- receiving data from external systems using the plugins implemented by the user (me)
- reacting on data change using plugins implemented by the user (me)
The main idea is pretty close to the solution OpenHab offers, but i woul like to
- avoid implementing a custom language/interpreter for my scripts
- make it fast and simple
- offer java compatibility on code and dependency level
The question is you see this feasible or im completly off?