Some thoughts on the coroutines keep:
- it contains some very informative information that is hard to find elsewhere in kontlinlang.org (please correct me if I’m wrong)
- it hasn’t been updated since October 2018.
Related to #2: The kotlinx.coroutines libraries have improved a lot since then–to the point that some of the information in the keep could be rewritten to use the new syntax.
Related to #1 and #2: I’m concerned about the following use case:
- A reader is looking to learn about some of the information that is in the keep and not easy to find elsewhere.
- The reader notices that the information in the keep is out-of-date on some points.
- The reader has some anxiety about whether the parts of the keep they are interested might also be out-of-date.
My questions and suggestions:
Can the technical information in the keep that is hard to find elsewhere on kotlinlang.org be included, perhaps as a “Technical Details” section under https://kotlinlang.org/docs/reference/coroutines-overview.html? Or perhaps to another spot that is linked from there?
Do keeps get updated as the language evolves? (I’m just curious about this one.)