How to deploy Kara application on Heroku?

I’ve been trying to set up Kara Web Framework on Heroku but I didn’t succeed. I don’t have much experience in deploying web apps, so can someone give me a hint where to start?

I’m not familiar with Heroku in particular, but Kara application is a standard Servlet. Thus, Heroku manuals on deploying Servlet should work. Did you try following something along these steps? Deploying Tomcat-based Java Web Applications with Webapp Runner | Heroku Dev Center

Thank you very much! It makes sense now. But I still don’t know how to get it working: when I’m trying to launch it on Tomcat I get java.lang.IllegalStateException: project.home is not defined.
I figured out that application gets this “project.home” from KaraDemo/web/META-INF/context.xml, but I can’t understand why it’s not defined and how it can be defined. Could you give me any idea?

Hello,

I never touch kara neither heroku web app deployement creation but I think you should try with Jetty instead of tomcat since kara is base on Jetty http://karaframework.com/docs/overview.html#kara_overview.

Maybe this Deploying Tomcat-based Java Web Applications with Webapp Runner | Heroku Dev Center is better.

If I have time (5% chance it happens) I will try it.
Meanwhile, try it and let me know !!

Cheers