Interopability with overloaded methods

https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson-jr This row is not compiled.

JSON.std.with(JSON.Feature.PRETTY_PRINT_OUTPUT)

This row is not compiled:

Error:(15, 18) Kotlin: Overload resolution ambiguity: public open fun with(c: [ERROR : Unresolved java classifier: TreeCodec]?): com.fasterxml.jackson.jr.ob.JSON? defined in com.fasterxml.jackson.jr.ob.JSON public open fun with(f: [ERROR : Unresolved java classifier: JsonFactory]?): com.fasterxml.jackson.jr.ob.JSON? defined in com.fasterxml.jackson.jr.ob.JSON public open fun with(pp: [ERROR : Unresolved java classifier: PrettyPrinter]?): com.fasterxml.jackson.jr.ob.JSON? defined in com.fasterxml.jackson.jr.ob.JSON public open fun with(vararg features: com.fasterxml.jackson.jr.ob.JSON.Feature?): com.fasterxml.jackson.jr.ob.JSON? defined in com.fasterxml.jackson.jr.ob.JSON

If write same row in Java file then no problem.

Hi, It seems that you should reimport your project from maven because the dependency com.fasterxml.jackson.core:jackson-core:2.4.2 is broken. You can open JSON.java and check that there is no errors.

This row must compile without another libs. I have JacksonJr-all.jar in my classpath.

1. I dont use maven 2) depedency on TreeCodec and etc is optitonal 3) this row compiles and work in same project in Java

As you can see from error message IDE found more than one `with` function:

public open fun with(c: [ERROR : Unresolved java classifier: TreeCodec]?): com.fasterxml.jackson.jr.ob.JSON? defined in com.fasterxml.jackson.jr.ob.JSON
public open fun with(f: [ERROR : Unresolved java classifier: JsonFactory]?): com.fasterxml.jackson.jr.ob.JSON? defined in com.fasterxml.jackson.jr.ob.JSON
public open fun with(pp: [ERROR : Unresolved java classifier: PrettyPrinter]?): com.fasterxml.jackson.jr.ob.JSON? defined in com.fasterxml.jackson.jr.ob.JSON
public open fun with(vararg features: com.fasterxml.jackson.jr.ob.JSON.Feature?): com.fasterxml.jackson.jr.ob.JSON? defined in com.fasterxml.jackson.jr.ob.JSON

but couldn't resolve TreeCodec, JsonFactory and PrettyPrinter, so IDE couldn't check that those functions are inaplicable with given argument.

Are there some error in JSON.java file (https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson-jr/blob/master/jr-objects/src/main/java/com/fasterxml/jackson/jr/ob/JSON.java)?

2) depedency on TreeCodec and etc is optitonal

As I see this dependency should be present to compile jr-objects module, so I don’t understand how it can be optional.