Kapt, dbflow and Kotlin 1.1.2-4

Hello,

I’m trying to add DBFlow to my Android project. And it looks like it doesn’t work with Kotlin 1.1.2-4. The error is also reproducible with “kotlin-examples/gradle/android-dbflow”. If you change kotlin_version from ‘1.1.2-3’ to ‘1.1.2-4’ you’ve got following error:

• What went wrong:
    Circular dependency between the following tasks:
    :app:compileReleaseKotlin
    -– :app:kaptReleaseKotlin
    -– :app:compileReleaseKotlin (*)

(*) - details omitted (listed previously)

I’m not sure where I shall create a bug report, so I just asking here.

Rather strange that your Kotlin version is 1.1.2-4. Are you sure that the Kotlin version is correct? The latest stable Kotlin version at the time of this writing is 1.1.2-2 (did a check with SDK Man by running sdk o kotlin).

Well, this version is available in maven. And I’m pretty sure it was set by android-studio automatically when I add Kotlin support to Android project.

I suppose it’s about this issue btw https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/KT-17936

Should have mentioned that the latest version of the Kotlin Gradle plugin is 1.1.2-2. I only use Gradle and haven’t used Maven. Kotlin versions must be different between Gradle and Maven.

Must be getting confused as the latest Kotlin version for Gradle is 1.1.2-4 after doing a check with a build.gradle.kts file. SDK Man’s Kotlin version is out of date. Strangely IntelliJ is listing the old Kotlin dependencies:

Check my sample projects, it contain configuring sqlite db