Kotlin in Android Studio is Broken for 2.2.3

I’m about a third of the way through the Kotlin Tutorial Series and got pumped to start using Kotlin in my existing Android project but the plugin is broken.

I’m getting this error:

12:19:25 PM EmptyThrowable: Cannot add jps/kotlin-jps-plugin.jar from plugin 'Kotlin' to external > compiler classpath: home directory of plugin not found

12:19:30 PM Outdated Kotlin Runtime
Version of Kotlin runtime is outdated in several libraries (kotlin-stdlib-1.0.6, kotlin-runtime-1.0.6). Plugin version is 1.1.0-release-Studio2.2-1.
Runtime libraries should be updated to avoid compatibility problems.
Update All Ignore

Running Android Studio 2.2.3 with this build.gradle script:

// Top-level build file where you can add configuration options common to all sub-projects/modules.

buildscript {
ext.kotlin_version = ‘1.0.6’
repositories {
jcenter()
}
dependencies {
classpath ‘com.google.gms:google-services:3.0.0’
classpath “io.realm:realm-gradle-plugin:2.2.1”

classpath "org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-gradle-plugin:$kotlin_version"
    // Placed after the kotlin dependency because there seems to be a dependency issue where new Android Gradle Plugin includes an old version of Kotlin
    classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:2.2.3'
    // NOTE: Do not place your application dependencies here; they belong
    // in the individual module build.gradle files
}

}
apply plugin: ‘kotlin’

allprojects {
repositories {
jcenter()
}
}

task clean(type: Delete) {
delete rootProject.buildDir
}
repositories {
mavenCentral()
}
dependencies {
compile “org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-stdlib:$kotlin_version”
}
sourceSets {
main.java.srcDirs += ‘src/main/kotlin’
}

Hello,
Will you please try to change

ext.kotlin_version = '1.0.6'

in build.gradle to

ext.kotlin_version = '1.1.0'

and rebuild the project?

apply plugin: ‘kotlin-android’

The problem has been fixed with the new Android Studio + new Kotlin 1.1.0

android 2.3.0 with kotlin 1.1.0 works well

I’m getting the same - or certainly very similar - error:

Cannot add jps/kotlin-jps-plugin.jar from plugin ‘Kotlin’ to external compiler classpath: home directory of plugin not found
com.intellij.openapi.diagnostic.Logger$EmptyThrowable
at com.intellij.openapi.diagnostic.Logger.error(Logger.java:129)
at com.intellij.compiler.server.impl.BuildProcessClasspathManager.computeCompileServerPluginsClasspath(BuildProcessClasspathManager.java:109)
at com.intellij.compiler.server.impl.BuildProcessClasspathManager.getStaticClasspath(BuildProcessClasspathManager.java:58)
at com.intellij.compiler.server.impl.BuildProcessClasspathManager.getBuildProcessPluginsClasspath(BuildProcessClasspathManager.java:44)
at com.intellij.compiler.server.BuildManager.launchBuildProcess(BuildManager.java:1154)
at com.intellij.compiler.server.BuildManager.lambda$null$11(BuildManager.java:730)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at com.intellij.util.concurrency.BoundedTaskExecutor.runFirstTaskThenPollAndRunRest(BoundedTaskExecutor.java:178)
at com.intellij.util.concurrency.BoundedTaskExecutor.access$000(BoundedTaskExecutor.java:40)
at com.intellij.util.concurrency.BoundedTaskExecutor$2.run(BoundedTaskExecutor.java:197)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I’m using Android Studio 2.3, but I’m not using Kotlin - the only reason I have the Kotlin plugin installed is because another plugin (LibGDX Inspections) depends on the Kotlin plugin