Sonarqube Support

That is exactly the point. There are different opinions about stuff like that. And there are companies out there choosing not to use IntelliJ. There are people using eclipse or probably some people just using a basic text editor. I think this plugin would be good just so there are options to choose from. It’s not like static analysis is a solved problem

I agree that diversity is generally a good thing. But I have the suspicion that many users are longing for SonarQube (for Java or Kotlin), because they aren’t aware of the possibility to use IntelliJ inspections on a CI server.

By the way: Using Kotlin with Eclipse is hardly advisable at the current state of the Kotlin Plugin.

I can not say how the Kotlin plugin is for eclipse as I am a happy user of intellij. Still I think that in the long term more options are better than fewer.

Could well be true. As I don’t use Kotlin/Intellij in a professional setting I don’t know how much tools like this are used in Kotlin already.

My team is aware of that, but we are happy the way our pipeline is set up with SonarQube right now, and we don’t want to have to change that.

I’m using Detekt for static analysis. and highly recommend it. Ties in very nicely to Gradle.

The author has provided a preliminary Sonarqube plugin.

I am using it at my corporate employer to satisfy the requirement that all projects must show Issues and coverage in Sonarqube.

Fortunately the ‘owners’ of Sonarqube were willing to install a plugin built from source as this plugin has not been published to the Sonarqube Update Centre.

This will hopefully help some of you get past this roadblock to Kotlin adoption.