We’re happy to announce the EAP for Kotlin 1.0.5. For this EAP cycle, we plan to stick to a date-driven release schedule, with weekly builds leading up to the final release in the beginning of November.
- Intention to convert loops to lambdas
- Postfix code completion
- New refactorings: Introduce Type Parameter, Extract Superclass, Extract Interface
- Plenty of new intentions, inspections and quickfixes.
- Support for
@JsNameannotation and the
::classclass literal syntax in the JS backend
- Android Lint checks updated to Android Studio 2.2
- “Extract string resource” intention for Android
- Bugfixes and performance improvements
See the full changelog.
How to get EAP build
For IntelliJ IDEA
Configure Early Access Preview channel in Tools | Kotlin | Configure Kotlin Plugin Updates and press “Check for updates now”.
For Gradle or Maven
- Add https://dl.bintray.com/kotlin/kotlin-eap to your repositories.
- Change the version of Kotlin dependencies (compiler and stdlib) to
Please do provide feedback and report any issues to our issue tracker (please specify your plugin version and IDE version).