Kotlin 1.1.2 EAP

We’re happy to announce the EAP for Kotlin 1.1.2. The final release is going to happen in the middle of April.
What’s new

• Typing and code completion performance improvements
  • Kapt3 now supports “kapt.kotlin.generated” option and allows to generate Kotlin files
  • APT / Kapt support to the maven plugin
  • Android specific quickfixes and string resource reference folding
  • Plenty of new intentions, inspections and quickfixes
  • Lots of bugs are fixed in the compiler and IDE

Full changelog

How to get EAP build

For IntelliJ IDEA:

You can configure Early Access Preview channel in Tools → Kotlin → Configure Kotlin Plugin Updates. Change the update channel to “Early Access Preview 1.1.x” and press Check for updates now.

For Gradle or Maven:

Add https://dl.bintray.com/kotlin/kotlin-eap-1.1 to your repositories.
Change the version of Kotlin dependencies (compiler and stdlib) to 1.1.2-eap-44

Please do provide feedback and report any issues to our issue tracker (please specify your plugin version and IDE version).

7 Likes

It can’t find the update, i’m using 2017.1.1 EAP

EDIT:

Nvm i downloaded it directly here: Kotlin - IntelliJ IDEs Plugin | Marketplace :slight_smile: thanks for update!

EDIT:

I’m stupid; i selected 1.2 channel instead of 1.1.2 :smiley:

Could someone hint on how to configure annotation processors for Maven build now?

EAP build 1.1.2-eap-69 is now available. Among various bug fixes, it includes “Inline method” refactoring and incremental compilation support for Maven.

3 Likes

EAP build 1.1.2-eap-73 is now available. Includes some performance improvements and fixes for high memory consumption issues.

1 Like

can’t open any *.kt file with 1.1.2-eap-73-IJ2017.1-1
plugin crashes on start with
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jetbrains/kotlin/script/ScriptDependenciesResolverEx

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jetbrains.kotlin.script.ScriptDependenciesResolverEx

bug #1415213

We’re investigating this issue, and we plan to fix it in 1.1.2 final or in an update for the EAP.

EAP build 1.1.2-eap-77 is now available. Includes stability improvements and bug fixes.