Hello. I'm try packaging kotlin for Fedora distribution. I'm familiar with java and groovy, slightly known scala but newbie in kotlin. My main intension package kotlin in rpm as standalone compiler.
Now (after http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/KT-5055) I be able compile it from source but frustrating how big project is and what to do next.
Some major questions for me:
- After built it with ant -f build.xml I have many artifacts but it is not so clear for me what to do now. Discovered binary does not run:
- In particular, as I be able download binarie artifacts from your teamcity server, I have not found any instructions how I can reproduce it self. Is there some documentation?
- Most found documentation and examples show how create project in Idea, add plugin and so on. Could you please point me on some instructions how to compile sample demo code in command line? Is it possible run it without implicit compilation as "scripts"?
- Groovy include two awesome tools to work interactively with scripts which are groovysh (console) and groovy-console (swing application). Do you provide some similar tools for user?
- Second vague question about dependencies. According to update_dependencies.xml it downloads artifacts of Idea CE. It is very big overhead. Idea IDE was retired long time before in Fedora 13 (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/IntelliJ_IDEA) if I understand correctly exactly because problems with dependencies. So, I do not think I'm ready packaging this great IDE now (Personaly I have Ultimate edition and not so interesting packaging it. Meantime it discussible. Anyway it separate big work). But I assume it stay there mostly to produce plugin for it? Can I build compiler without Idea plugin and therefor without such big dependency? If such artifacts still needed from Idea, it may be stated as more granular dependencies.
[pasha@hubbitus kotlin-build-0.7.808]$ ./compiler/cli/bin/kotlinc-jvmError: Could not find or load main class org.jetbrains.jet.preloading.Preloader