"include Kotlin support" checkbox not in android studio 3.0

when I start a new project on the Android Studio 3.0 RC 5 (171.4392136) on my Windows 10, the first window of the wizard doesn’t show the “Include Kotlin support” checkbox (neither does it show the “Include C++ support” checkbox). Any advise how to add Kotlin support checkbox? I have already tried converting from java to Kotlin, adding Kotlin extensions, and configure kotlin in the project but didn’t totally resolve the issue. I have been advised to format my laptop and install windows 10 again but I’m not sure if it’s worth it and there is no another way to resolve this issue?

What error are you getting even after invoking “Configure Kotlin in Project”? Could you post your build.gradle for the project, and the one for the module as well?

Regards,
Peter

I have this exact same problem on one Windows laptop but not another one. Both versions of AS are up to date as far as I can tell. I can’t for the life of me figure out what would cause the “Include Kotlin support” option (along with the “Include C++ support” option) to appear on one machine but not on another.