Kotlin Logo

I’ve noticed that, so far, there hasn’t been a change to the Kotlin logo, despite the Jetbrains rebranding campaign and the fact that the Kotlin logo is reminiscent of the old JetBrains and IntelliJ logos. I’m just curious; is Kotlin’s logo going to stay untouched by the rebranding?
Personally, I’m a big fan of the Kotlin logo as well as the new branding, so I won’t be excited OR disappointed either way.

No, it’s not going to stay untouched.

I assume it will be following the new style that JetBrains is using for their tools?

No comment, sorry. :slight_smile: In fact we’re still working on the design, and simply copying the design of the icons of other JB products isn’t going to work for us.

Oh, man. Now I’m really intrigued. Looking forward to it. Gotta save a copy of the old one too, just cuz I’m that kind of guy :stuck_out_tongue:

The new logo has arrived

Nice. I especially like the transition video on the twitter post.

Just curious: Was JetBrains acquired by Adobe?

*SCNR*

This logo is hard on my eyes. I think it’s because my eyes are expecting edges, and the gradients make them work hard to find them. I find myself averting my eyes to avoid strain.

Isn’t there a design rule that logos should work well in B&W? This might be one of the reasons.