Kotlin plugin and IDEA 12.1 EAP

Hi. Is the kotlin plugin compatible with IDEA 12.1 EAP? I cant get it to install, not even the nightly build.

We do not suport 12.1 so far.

Is thsi still the case?

It's likely to be the case until 12.1 is properly released (it's only an EAP now). BTW, you can make Kotlin plugin install, if you edit the plugin.xml manually. Most things will work.

Shame that 12.1 EAP has no Kotlin plugin, especially given attending the Kotlin workshop 2013-05-02. Will 12.1 have been released by then? Will there be a similar problem with 12.2 EAP? Can the "hack" to make things work be put somewhere on a webiste? Thanks.

The fact that this hack works is a coinsidence: the API in the IDE is changing from version to version, so plugins break. This time it didn't break too badly, next time may be different.

Here’s a patch to be applied to plugin.xml in order to enable plugin installation at your own risk

remove-idea-version1.patch.zip (505 Bytes)

It seems like 12.1 is officially released now, but the plugin still doesn't seem to install from the stable repo (below). Do I still need to apply the hack until the plugin is updated?

That is weird - 0.4.68 is out date. There was a M5.2 released last week (which I think 0.5 and above) but I am not sure about its specific build number. You can however download the latest build at http://goo.gl/yOOVf and it will work with 12.1

Andy, the plugin repository you are linking to is abandoned, and shouldn't be used (we'll remove link to it in docs). Now Kotlin milestone builds can be installed from IDEA's default plugin repository (no extra configuration required).

Nightly builds can be obtained using this plugin repository: http://teamcity.jetbrains.com/guestAuth/repository/download/bt345/.lastSuccessful/updatePlugins.xml

I removed the old repository and now it offers to install the 5.4 plugin, highlighted in green. However, when I "install" it, the little wheel on the bottom spins a bit and it says it's installing, but nothing happens when it's done. It doesn't ask me to restart, and even when I do it's not in the list of installed plugins.

Now Kotlin milestone builds can be installed from IDEA's default plugin repository (no extra configuration required).

I'm using 12.1 EAP and the Kotlin plugin does NOT show up in the "Install JetBrains plugin..." list.

Nightly builds can be obtained using this plugin repository: ...

This plugin repository shows the 0.5.534 plugin, but IDEA refused to install it since the versions aren't compatible. I also tried downloading it manually with the same result.

Is this all because I’m using EAP?

Okay, apparently the EAP build number was stuck at 128.x when 12.1 was released. So yes, the plugins don't work with EAP, I needed to install the regular 12.1 release. Now everything seems to work.

Sorry for delay. You are right, Kotlin M5.2 requires release version IDEA 12.1 to work.