We're happy to announce the EAP for Kotlin 1.1.4.
- Improvements in Java 9 support: we now recognize module-info files and report compilation errors on access to non-exported packages or non-required modules
- Support for JSR 305 meta-annotations for nullability qualifiers (enabled by the -Xload-jsr305-annotations compiler argument)
- Dead code elimination tool for JS backend
- Many improvements in generation of JS source maps; distribute
kotlin.js library with source maps
- New 'Inline Property' and 'Copy Class' refactorings
- Bunch of new inspections and intentions
- Improvements in Lint
- Improvements in the performance of generated bytecode
- Lots of bugs are fixed in the compiler and IDE
How to get EAP build
For IntelliJ IDEA:
You can configure Early Access Preview channel in Tools → Kotlin → Configure Kotlin Plugin Updates. Change the update channel to "Early Access Preview 1.1.x" and press Check for updates now.
For Gradle or Maven:
Add https://dl.bintray.com/kotlin/kotlin-eap-1.1 to your repositories.
Change the version of Kotlin dependencies (compiler and stdlib) to 1.1.4-eap-11
Please do provide feedback and report any issues to our issue tracker (please specify your plugin version and IDE version).