We’re happy to announce the EAP for Kotlin 1.1.50.
- New versioning scheme: 1.1.5x instead of 1.1.5-x
- Improved support for JSR-305 annotations (nullability problems can be reported as warnings, checks work when JSR-305 classes are not on the classpath)
- Performance improvements for generated bytecode
- Lots of bugs are fixed in the compiler and IDE
- New inspections, performance improvements and bugfixes in the IntelliJ plugin
- Also in JS backend:
– Improved inliner and primitive arrays to TypedArray translation enabled by default (breaks binary forward compatibility)
– Source maps support in DCE
– Fixes for Unit materialization
How to get EAP build
For IntelliJ IDEA:
You can configure Early Access Preview channel in Tools → Kotlin → Configure Kotlin Plugin Updates. Change the update channel to “Early Access Preview 1.1.x” and press Check for updates now.
For Gradle or Maven:
Add https://dl.bintray.com/kotlin/kotlin-eap-1.1 to your repositories.
Change the version of Kotlin dependencies (compiler and stdlib) to 1.1.50-eap-18
Please do provide feedback and report any issues to our issue tracker (please specify your plugin version and IDE version).